POLICIES & GUIDELINES
MUSICAL MUNCHKINS CLASS POLICIES AND GUIDELINES
Welcome to our Musical Munchkins family. Before you register for classes all parents are required to read our policy and guideline statement before registering. Thank you for taking the time to read our important Announcements that should answer most of your questions.
- REGISTRATION FEE- of $10.00 is required for all new students enrolling for the first time (one time fee only) siblings enrolling in the same class pay only the $10.00 for the family.
- REFUNDS AND CREDITS – Refunds or credits can only be issued before class has started and with written notification only. . Credits are issued only in extenuating circumstances. Registration fees are non-refundable and will be deducted from your tuition .If we should cancel due to insufficient enrollment a full refund will be issued. If you paid by credit card, or pay pal, and you or I have to cancel class for any reason , you will be reimbursed your payment minus the credit card or pay pal processing fee.
- RETURNED CHECKS – There will be a $15.00 fee charged to your account for any returned checks for insufficient funds.
- REGISTRATION – Registration is on a first come first serve basis along with Your tuition payment Classes tend to fill up quickly, so please register early in order to get your first choice.
- CONFIRMATION - Once your registration is complete your will receive an email from mainstreetsites.com that confirms your class day, time and location. If for some reason the class has insufficient enrollment, a change in time or day or start date,you will be notified before the class starts.
- CLASS CANCELLATIONS - Classes may be cancelled due to teacher illness or inclement weather. For snow closings, log onto our website: musicalmunchkins.net You can also call the office after 8:00 am for a recorded announcement. If schools in your location are closed we usually will be as well, however, if schools in you location are delayed, please call as we often will still meet. We will make every effort to reschedule lost classes at the end of the session. Please check calendars to scheduled make-ups.
- MAKE-UPS - If you miss one of your weekly classes you may call to reserve a place in another class if space permits. Please refer to our makeup scheduler on the side bar of the front page.. Our class sizes are limited to 10-12 children, and we cannot guarantee make-up availability in every situation, but we will make every effort to accommodate you. Make-ups must be taken within the semester and may not be carried over to the following session.
- ILLNESS -If you or your child is sick we ask you to please refrain from attending classes in order to insure the well being of all of our families. If your children or yourself have been exposed to a contagious ailment, please notify the office immediately so that we can inform the rest of the parents in class. We wash instruments and props, but , especially during the flu season, we encourage you to wash hands before and after class or use antiseptic wipes.
- SIBLINGS – If you are enrolled in a class with your 1, 2 or 3 year olds, you may bring a small baby to class for free. However, once the baby begins toddling and becomes an active member of class , you would need to register your child at that time in class. We offer family and friends classes , and we also on a case by case basis , allow siblings of different ages in toddlers swing and kids jamboree classes.
I understand that with school closings and holidays, you may need to bring your older child on occasion. This is permitted. However, we ask that you enroll them in the class if they will be coming every week.
- PRO-RATE - If you are joining late , we will be happy to pro-rate your tuition after the 2nd class as long as there is room, otherwise You can make up classes that have been missed in any of our locations. Please note that if you enroll late you will be charged tuition at a slightly higher rate.
- HOLD HARMLESS- All registrants understand that Musical Munchkins and affiliates, including the location center in which classes are held, are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property, or personal injuries. I release Musical Munchkins or any affiliate of the Center from any and all liability past, present or future as the laws pertaining in this matter may allow,.
GUIDELINES TO CLASSES
Parents Participating with their Children
- The most important aspect of our program is that YOU participate fully with your child in ALL of the activities. Besides learning important musical skills, we will also be developing important social, language, listening and focusing skills through the medium of music. The more you participate, the more your child will gain experiencing the joy of making music!
- If this is a new experience for your child; it may take 4 to 6 weeks before he/she adjusts to the parameters of the class. Don’t worry if your child is not participating in everything, children have their own timetables and eventually they will join in! There are generally two types of learners: the observer and the active participant. Parents seem to be most concerned about the observer child, during class they like to watch but will not directly participate in the activities. However your child does take everything in and will most likely sing, dance and do everything at home! That is what’s important; we aim to make our classes a springboard for you to make music with your child all day long!
Guidelines for all Classes
- PARENT PARTICIPATION: We ask that all adults fully participate with their children in classes. You will be singing, dancing and moving with your child. Children learn best from role models, and you are you are your child’s best teacher. We also ask that you refrain from chatting with other adults during the class, so you can put your full attention on your child. This is a very special way of spending true quality time with your child, and you don’t want to miss any of it. We will give you ample time to visit before and after classes. Thank you for your cooperation.
- CLOTHING AND SHOES: NO OUTSIDE SHOES PERMITTED in carpeted rooms or dance studios, bare feet, socks or dance slippers only. Please do have your children wear boots or thongs in classes. These can hamper movement and can be dangerous when running. Comfortable clothing is the best.
- FOOD, DRINKS & SNACKS: Please do not give your child food, gum or drinks in class. No eating or drinking is permitted in the classroom, except in the baby classes.
- THE CRYING OR OVER EXCITED CHILD: If your child becomes overly upset in class (crying or throwing a tantrum), you may need to take your child outside the classroom until they calm down, then come back to continue. It may take several weeks before children at this age feel totally comfortable in a group setting and understand the parameters set in the classroom. Don’t worry; children have their own time tables. Our experienced teachers will help you along with this learning process. Please feel free to talk with your teacher if you have any concerns or questions.
- TOYS: Please do not bring Toys to class. They interfere with your child’s clapping, patting and otherwise expressing the beat. They can also distract other children in class. This also goes for any older siblings attending class.
- CELL PHONES: Please be sure to turn off your cell phones or set them to vibrate. If you need to take a call we ask that you step outside the classroom. Thank you for your cooperation.
- DIAPER CHANGES: Please use designated changing areas only, if available. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please take soiled Diapers with you, or place in an outside dumpster.
- THE WANDERING TODDLER: If your toddler wanders away from the group, try to gently persuade the child back to circle. However, do not call across the room. You may need to bring the activity to the child until he or she is ready to join us.
ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES for ‘Music for 3½-5 Yrs’ Class
- Separation is sometimes difficult; the teacher may ask you to stay for the first week and possibly a few weeks thereafter if your child needs you in the room.
- Your teacher may ask for volunteers to help in the classroom or to be just outside the classroom to help children who need to go to the bathroom, or who need their shoes tied, etc. There will be a sign up sheet at the beginning of each semester, thanks for your help!
Most of all, please SING, DANCE, LAUGH, CLAP, JUMP and HAVE FUN! My goal is nothing less that a wonderful experience for all. If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Andrea Soberman (“Miss Andrea)
Thank you for reading our policies and guidelines. When you go to the registration page you must sign that you have read and agree to the policies and guidelines set forth by Musical Munchkins of Orange County.
If you have any questions regarding such policies please feel free to call me at 845-895-1387 or
Email me at email@example.com. Thank you.